Thursday, January 7, 2010

My first Nursery DIY

Well, we've got about two months to go, so its time to kick things into high gear in getting the nursery ready for Cleatus. I got an awesome rocker from the in-laws for Christmas and after I Curtis and I put it together, I realized I needed a little side table. But, babies are expesive. I mean, like Tiffany's and Chanel type expensive, not Red Lobster expensive, so we are having to figure out how to cut costs as much as possible. So, I found this table under our house, in our dusty, dirty, crawl space.
 Here's the price breakdown:
Sander from Wal-Mart: 19.99
Primer from Home Depot: 8.98
Foam Brush: 0.87
Black paint: Free  (left overs from something else)
So, for just under $30, we have a new refurbished end table.
Here's what it looked like before:


And here is the primer we used.


After 1 coat of primer:



After 1 coat of paint:



After two coats of paint:


Finished:



So, what do you think . . .? I know, I know, I could have got the $7 table from IKEA, but that would have been way too easy. . .

Oh, and I got a new camera, which I used to take the above picture and I FRIGGIN' LOVE IT! Its a Nikon d3000. I am still very new at using it, but here are a few of my favorite pictures that I have taken so far with it, using my favortie models--Bruce and Annabelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment